Wednesday, August 1, 2007

She is so amazing

As I type this update, the tears are just pouring from my eyes. What an amazing little girl. She did great through the night. All she wants to do is hold my hand. I was not prepared for the way she would look coming out of surgery. She has drainage tubes-two from her head and neck area, one coming from her back, and one off her leg. Theyhad to take a graft from her leg and put it on the place on her back that they harvested for her face. She had the skin on the right side of her face replaced, her right nostril worked on and the bottom left portion of her lips worked on. It is important for all of us to remember that it will take several surgeries for it all to come together. She will look a little "one-sided" for a while, but we will be back in a few months to do the other side. Dr. Rose hopes to complete Lina's surgeries in 2 years.
Ever full of love, Lina gives me sign language for I love you every 10 seconds or so. Please keep praying. To God be the Glory!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear all is going so great for Lina. She has a lot of people praying for her.
She is a very special little girl:)
Talk to you soon,
Renee'
Isaiah 41:10
"Fear not for I am with you, be not dismayed for I am your God. I will strenghthen you, I will help you. I will uphold you with the right hand of my righteousness."

Tia Peggy said...

It is killing me to be here, instead of there with you. I want to pick up the phone; check the blog site; or better yet, run right out the door and catch the first plane to New York. Laura, both you and Lina are on my mind and in my prayers constantly. I think of the scene in "Bruce Almighty" when Jim Carey hears the voices of all the prayers all at one time; then gets the brilliant idea to convert them to e-mail, but can't keep up with the million, zillion prayer requests that appear. Jim Carey might have been overwhelmed; but I believe that right now, God must be smiling at the number of times he has heard Lina's name in prayer. This is God's plan - and it started when he chose your family -- the perfect family - to carry the miracle through to HIS purpose. I anxiously await watching HIS plan unfold before our eyes. I am with you in thought, prayer, and as often as God and you will allow -- in deed. Thank you for our friendship. I have always felt it was a blessing. I value our friendship more than words can say; but more and more, I appreciate who you are, the sacrifices you and your family have and continue to make; and I feel so blessed to be a part of this precious family. I am here for you. Thank you God, for your gifts... for Laura (who has put her heart and soul in all of this), for Rob(an awesome husband and father, and the perfect mate for Laura as they walk hand-in-hand with total faith in God's plan for them), for Hannah and Mary (who's hearts are grand and deep and wide and show wisdom beyond their years), and for John and Lina (who have come into our lives to teach us). God Bless you and keep you!!!

With all my love,

Tia Peggy

Anonymous said...

Great work.