Saturday, August 11, 2007

Home Sweet Home

Lina and I got home this afternoon. We rested at the hotel, went to the doctors and to every medical supply store! I think I could open my own pharmacy--all joking aside, Lina is doing wonderful. We may need to go back to New York in 2-3 weeks for her to receive a graft on the top portion of the flap. The bandage came off her leg and back and she got the ok to shower. I'm sooooo glad for that because she was pretty stinky. Now I apply 2 ointments to her head, clean the back and leg, put on ointment and re-bandage. Poor Hannah was in tears looking at her sisters donor sites. We will go back to do the other side in October. I'm going to do a mental shutdown tomorrow after church. The Lord has been so good to us. Thank you to our church family for bringing meals over and for your prayers. Please continue to pray.To all that visit our blog- Enjoy each day, spend time with the ones you love and tell them you love them!!!

6 comments:

Susan said...

when you say HOME, are you home, as in back in florida???
praying for you big time. :)

LOVE YA!

Anonymous said...

I finally got a chance to read all your post. Praise God for what is happening. It truly is amazing to hear all that is going on. Welcome back home. Let me know if there is anything I can do. I shall continue to pray. Thank you for blogging too. I know that takes time, but it is so neat to hear how God is moving and what a brave girl you've got there.

Anonymous said...

welcome back to your home laura...as i am sure you missed your girls and john and of course Rob.......we have been praying for Lina and will continue to do so for her recovery, adjustments, and future restoration. God Bless you and get some rest. You are in our thoughts and I carry your family picture of all of you in my Bible so I can always have you close to my heart during prayer and worship. John and I are in the process now of re-locating to Florida, Tampa area pending job NOW ...love ya, Anne

Anonymous said...

Hello! Gina, Helen, and I (Jaime) read your blog and we are so happy to hear that you are at home and doing great. We love you and if you need us you know where to find us. Our prayers and thought are with you. Keep in touch.
Love,
Jaime, Gina, and Helen from the PICU.

Anonymous said...

smooches from the PICU!!!!!
and lots of hugs!

Unknown said...

Laura I am very glad to hear that you both got home safely. I've been thinking a lot about you guys this past week or so and was hoping you were on your way back to Florida. Stay strong and let us know if you need anything. Tell Lina I say hi and send my love. My prayers and thoughts are always with you, Lina and your family. Keep in touch!

Nicole (from the PICU)