Sunday, August 19, 2007

Every day is a gift

Lina and I are going to NY this Thursday to meet with Dr. Rose. The "scab" on her head has not completely fallen off yet, but he wants to see her. We will see what happens from there. At first I thought it a waste to go up for one day, but her head is just awful looking, so I'm glad he is going to see it first hand. I cry everytime I clean and medicate it. I'm so happy it isn't hurting her. I've spent the last hour reading over this blog and all the comments from our friends. It just brings tears to my eyes. I am so blessed! To all those that knew me before salvation, did you ever think this is what I'd be doing with my life? The last 4 years with Lina have been a challenge and I know there will be more challenges, but I am so Happy to be a part of her miracle. I have stated many times in this blog how amazing Lina is, more so though is the strength God has given to her. Tonight at dinner I said something that made Lina crack up, her little head started to bleed. After I cleaned her up, I thought about just how precious each minute of everyday is... I have spent too many moments "wondering why this, why that" I hope not to do that anymore. I write this to remind myself in future visits to NY, each day is a gift... Worshipping God is the most important thing I can do, and I want to show my love for Him by loving others
Mom and Dad thanks for supporting me...emotionally and financially. Love you both too much!!! Shelby congrats on your beautiful baby boy-Lina can't wait to hold him.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello from the PICU,
Thank you so much for the generous gift. The cookies are delicious. We hope you are doing well and wish you the best.

From the PICU staff.

Susan said...

AWw you just made me cry. Please stop that. I'm glad you're going back up to NYC to have him look at Lena's head. Bless her heart-she is a true trooper! We can certainly take life lessons from her. And of course, we all take lessons from her STRONG Mom! How can Lena be anything BUT strong with her very grounded family??

If you need any help this week-please let me know!!! I keep saying that, yet I don't hear from you, and I'm hesitant to call as I know your hands are full.

I live so close to you-so you just let me know what I can do.
Sean is pracicing his new obeo for band diligently right now. He's crackin me up. :)
Baby Kaz is going to be so entertained with her big bro!

Anonymous said...

Lina has brought so much joy (and tears) to so many people. Her strength, laughter and stubbornness has shown us how each day is as precious as the next. It's amazing how through each other, God shows us what can be done through prayer, love and hope. Your family IS Healing The Children. Give Lina a huge kiss from her extended Indiana family.