Thursday, February 11, 2010

Picu6

Wow, another marathon surgery-9.5 hours. She came out on the vent again, best for her as she was so swollen! Where do I begin? He drilled into the bone next to her "bad" eye and wired the lower lid into place, it should not droop anymore. He shortened the muscle in the upper lid-she looks symmetrical -he debulked her nose and lips - I took Lina to the ortho a few weeks ago and Dr. Kochenour needs more room, especially on the bottom, I had hoped Dr. Rose and Dr. K would have been able to talk before surgery that didn't happen, hopefully there is enough room now. He released the scare on her left jaw with wplasty, did zplasty on her neck and worked on her lips. She was extubated yesterday and is doing well. Her back, where they did microdermabrasion and the spot on her leg where he took a graft are hurting her most. He also released the scar under her bottom lip. We should leave the hospital on Friday, yeah.
I had the stomach flu and now I'm feeling so much better. (Must have caught it on the plane) Thanks for the prayers! Also, Peggy thank you for always being a phone call away, for being ready to do anything and everything to help, and for the simple act of posting a comment, it really means the world to me. Love you!!!

7 comments:

Tia Peggy said...

I am so thankful that you are feeling better. I hope you will be able to eat something now. You have had a really tough time of late health wise and I continue to pray that you will soon be healed of it all.

I am forever thankful for the miracles they have been performed for Lina; but at the same time I cringe at the thought of the pain she must endure to reap the benefits. I'm a baby when I get a paper cut; I cannot imagine the magnitude of pain from a graft, a nip here; a tuck there. Lina is so brave and resilient. Please give her a gentle hug and tell her how proud I am of her.

Mostly Laura, I am so proud of you. I keep saying it, but you endure so much more than is your share. You've been going through your own health issues; but didn't miss a beat to get Lina to New York for her surgery. You come home, and jump right back into "life" whatever it puts in front of you. And you praise God the whole way. You are an inspiration, and please don't discount the impact you have in others lives because of it. You may not see it, but I know that your light touches many!!! I love you!

Can't wait for you to be able to leave on Friday and get into a hotel room, where you might actually be able to get some rest. We'll talk soon. Hugs! Kisses! and lots and lots of Prayer!

Tia Peggy

Anonymous said...

Oh Laura, Forgive me for not writing sooner. I hope you are out of the hospital and all is well with Lina. Sounds like another tough surgery. I feel so bad you were sick on top of everything else. I pray you and Lina will feel God's love for you in an amazing way. You are a princess,a daughter of the King! Love you, Joanne

Anonymous said...

We have been praying for you, Lina, and the family. Rob gave us an update last night and it sounds like things are generally ok. Stay strong. Tell Lina we said "Hello. We Love her! Stay strong! We miss her!"

Rob, Angie, Matthew, & Jared

Anonymous said...

Hey Laura & Lina!
You both are so dear to our hearts! Many prayers along your journey - we miss you so. I'm so glad to have the blessing of knowing all your family!
We missed you at the Valentine's Dinner - but know this is good to have done.
Luv you bunches!
Elaine & John :)

Jeannine said...

Laura,

I am writing to let you know that I think of you and your wonderful family often. I have following Lina's story and I am so proud of her. I'll never forget that day in your home when you got the news.

Love,
Jeannine

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Laura, I just read this entire blog and it brought so many mixed emotions, tears, and laughter. It is amazing to see all that Lina has gone through and how wonderful and supportive you have been through it all as well. As a friend of the entire family, I am so happy to be a part of Lina's life and able to see this incredible journey that she has been through. I never realized how hard, yet completely amazing it must be for not only her, but everyone. Lina is truly my hero, and I love her, you, and the entire family with all of my heart!
Sarah Hooker

Karen Ardis said...

I hope you all haven't forgotten me, as I have not forgotten you. I think of you both often and it always brings a smile to my face.
How are both of you? I see Lina had another surgery? I hope it was successful.
How is she doing in school? I hope she is showing the world how smart she is!
Have a wonderful summer!
Karen Ardis