Tuesday, February 9, 2010

I almost forgot....

For the first time in 3 years the pilot of the plane let Lina come into the cockpit. Mr. Bob Jones, don't know his title, let Lina sit in the pilots chair and wear his hat. I have an awesome picture! As we were leaving the cockpit Lina and I prayed for God's protection and he placed his hands on mine. When he did the announcements he said how happy he was to have his new friend Lina join him today! Nice man! People don't realize that sometimes it is the smallest things that make a difference in our lives. I will use that experience to make Lina smile !

Everyone that knows me, is well aware of the fact that I wear my emotions on my sleeve. There is however something I have been ignoring, I don't know maybe unable to realize the truth. My friend Hope will not be here this time. Her daughter Alana went home to be with the Lord. I am sitting here in tears realizing that I was not a good friend to her when she probably needed one the most. I am so sorry Hope. I do pray for you and your family, but for some reason, I have not wanted to realize your pain-I ran from it. I pray for your forgiveness, maybe I will have to courage to call you and cry with you!

2 comments:

Tia Peggy said...

Wow, if you lose faith in people, just listen to a story where one human being makes a difference in another's life and your faith is restored. Can't wait to see the picture of Lina in the cockpit with the pilot's cap. How amazing that Lina has this experience to cherish forever; and I'm touched that Mr. Jones placed his hand on yours in prayer.

Laura, timing is everything. God knows that it may have been too painful for you to embrace Hope's tragedy at the time; but when the time is right, you will be there for her; and I just know that Hope will greet you with open arms and a forgiving heart! Perhaps God knows better than you, that when you do reach out to Hope, it will be the perfect time for Hope as well. Don't be so hard on yourself. Once again, let me remind you that you are an amazing women, with an incredible heart! I am not the only one that knows that! Anyone that knows you, every life you touch -- you don't even know your worth! But we do! God does!

I love you,

Tia Peggy

Anonymous said...

I don't know who Tia is but I whole-heartily agree with her. You are such a dear treasure and Yes we are human and God know us - He made us. He knows our hearts and He walks right there in the midst of the pain and emotional hight and lows.
His grace covers us and you realize you're not perfect every time in everything. You've set your heart to keep reaching out - I so love that about you!
Bestest blessings honey!
Elaine :)