Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Surgery-waiting

We arrrived in NY early Saturday morning and it was cold. Lisa thank you for the jacket, you saved me from freezing to death. (I lost one of your gloves, I'll make it up to you, haha) We rested Saturday in the room, watched a movie. On Sunday, Bill and Susan picked us up and gave us the "A" tour of NY. We saw the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, Broadway, Lincoln Center, and Ground Zero. I remember watching the 2nd plane crash and feeling overwhelmed, seeing it, you realize just how devasting it really was. Monday we met with Kevin from Children's Progress. CP is helping us academically with Lina, and soon emotionally also. This software program is currently used by Shorecrest Prep to analyze their students. Lina is on track as a "public school" first grader, my goal is to have her academically equivalent to a private school first grader. Then we went to the Pediatrician to get surgical clearance, then to Applebee's for our "night before surgery treat", a hamburger and a milkshake. We got to the hospital this morning at 8:oo. We were interviewed by channel 4, channel 1, Univision, and a newspaper. Surgery got a late start 1:30, so I'll update as I get updates. She was really scared this time, but as we've grown to expect she was a trooper going into the operating room! I carried her in, laid her on the table and sang her to sleep. Peggy, we did have coffee this morning... Susan, I heard a story about a family that adopted from Kaz, and came home with 5 children, Pamela-thanks for the loving e-mail, Deb- are you out there? Renee-I'm glad I can still make you laugh! Shelly and Joanne-I feel you here with me. Mary I hope you feel better soon, I love you princess! Hannah, I am so proud of all those rebounds. John, I miss your smiling face . Rob, without you none of this would work, you are the glue! I am so blessed--Isn't it amazing to watch God ? I am thankful for all of my friends, my family, and my church. Keep praying.

4 comments:

Susan said...

THANK YOU for the update. It's now 7:20, so I am thinking she is still in surgery. I've been thinking about you all day and SEan and I said a prayer on the way to school.

You met a family that adopted 5 kids from kaz? that is crazy-small world. But, wait a minute, we know why that is. :)

We are awaiting an update, please let us know when you know more.

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Loving you and waiting with you sister.

Shell

Anonymous said...

Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, Broadway, Lincoln Center, and Ground Zero...

Whoa... that is awesome!

Lina, I can't wait to hear all about that fantstic "field trip"!

Love,
Mrs. Ardis
oooxxx

p.s. Is the software program just an achievement testing program or is it an interactive learning/instruction type of program too?

If you want to email me my email address is:
ardisk@pcsb.org

Love you both!!

Anonymous said...

Geez....

I left out the "a" in fantastic in that last comment...See Lina even teachers make mistakes!!! :)