Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

I am so blessed! Thank you to all our friends that continue to support our family. Lina and I are leaving for NY Saturday, Nov 24. She is schedule to meet with Kevin at Children's Progress on Mon the 26th. This company is helping us evaluate where Lina is academically. I am looking forward to meeting with them. Then to Dr. Larsen's for Linas pre-op visit. Surgery is on the 27th, it will be a long one, so please pray. As I prepare to leave for 2 weeks I find myself trying to look to the future for Lina. For those of us that see her regularly the changes are subtle....then you look at a picture of her before surgery, and I grade her math tests and the changes are HUGE. Although I have to wait, I am so excited for her future. Hannah has 5 games while I'm gone. I really don't like missing even one, so you can imagine how sad I am about missing so many. Mary cheers at 2 games while I'm gone...and I'll miss 2 of John's games. May sound trival to some, but I really don't like to miss these things!!! As you can see, Rob has a very full plate, I know he will handle everything with ease, but please keep him in your prayers!
Lina is nervous about going to NY--she has started picking her hair again, and is misbehaving..I'm trying to be patient as she has every right to be scared-Joanne I keep singing! My girlfriend Susan should be traveling to Kaz the first of the year, please keep her family in prayer. To sweet little Madison--you are an awesome friend and I know how thankful Lina is for your friendship, we will call you after surgery so you can talk to your best friend. To my best friends-thank you for keeping me going! Isaiah 40:31--But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Been thinking about all of you lately:) Sounds like things are moving forward. You are always in our minds and prayers! Things sure have changed since we saw you all a year ago... We miss you guys and will be praying for you all:)

Renee'

Anonymous said...

HI LAURA AND LINA, I PRAY YOU HAD A GREAT DAY. ( AS FAR AS DR. VISITS GO.) YOU WILL BE IN OUR PRAYERS. AND ROB, HANNAH, MARY, AND JOHN AS WELL. I HAVE ANOTHER VERSE FOR YOU...ISAIAH 41:10,13.
BE SAFE, STAY WARM, AND REST IN THE LORD. LOVE, JOANNE

Susan said...

We are also thinking of you.
I also have a whole bag full of shorts for John-mostly Wellington pe shorts--Sean doesn't like his knees to show.
I saw Rob yesterday.

We all miss you already, but I heard you had fun yesterday in NYC.
That is awesome.

Our prayers are with you.
The changes in Lina are huge-and I am not even talking about physical changes. When I see the smile on her and John's face, it melts my heart. Your family is so wonderful.
LOVE YOU MAN!

Anonymous said...

Lifting you up in prayer everytime I think of you guys. Know that you are not alone tomorrow during the surgery--Lina and Laura. So many people are praying and love you all. The Lord is with you and my prayer is that you will feel His presence and rest in His peace through a long day.

I totally understand about the mom thing and missing games. Not a small thing. Your sacrifices, the Lord will bless and magnify.
Love, Shelly

Susan said...

Today is the 27th-surgery day.
prayers are with you.

LOVE YA!

Peggy said...

It is 12:50 p.m. on Tuesday and Lina should be in surgery. I am praying for the doctors' success and Lina's recovery, as well as a special prayer for my best friend. I am at work, but cannot focus on what seems so unimportant when I would rather be by your side. Know that I am always with you in my heart. I will wait patiently (no... impatiently) for word that all is well. Give Lina a kiss and a very gentle hug from Tia Peggy! And give yourself a hug from me as well!

Remember to take care of yourself too!

Luv you girlfriend!

Peggy