Tuesday, October 13, 2009

How many more???

I have meet some wonderful people this trip, please pray for Mary, having surgery on her shoulder due to cancer, they can't find the primary source of the cancer. Also, Kherisa, goalie for the Rochester field hockey team, having back surgery. We arrived in NY yesterday and went to Laura Gellers makeup studio. Lina enjoyed having makeup put on and felt like a princess. Then to Dr. Rose's office. We took pictures and then did a side-by-side comparison, WOW. She really has come a long way. For those of us that see her everyday...wait until you see the pictures. Then to the pediatrician. Lina didn't even bat an eye when they did the finger prick for a CBC, usually she wails. What an amazing little girl. We ate a cheeseburger and shake and headed to bed early, she fell asleep watching Night in the Museum, II. This morning she cried very little and went to sleep peacefully. I haven't heard ANYTHING. To all those praying, thank you! Prior to this trip I threw a few temper tantrums, The Lord is ever faithful though and loves me despite my shortcomings. I was on my face a lot last week and it has prepared me for this week. He is so good!

2 comments:

Susan said...

You are amazing and you don't have any shortcomings. We all pale to you in comparison! I can't wait to see the pictures.

Much love!!

Tia Peggy said...

Shortcomings?!?! You took on more than most of us would ever think about; and then in an attempt to prepare for life and to take care of your family, you try to make plans that somehow manage to be interrupted for what God has in store for you. Then you take time to step back and breathe, be on your knees (or face) with the Lord, and actually feel your reality... and you call that a shortcoming! I call it "A Miracle in the Making"... and this time I’m not referring to Lina.
Most would balk at the responsibility, but you only take one hesitant step backward, then press forward with all your might. I have watched you heed the Lord and grow remarkably in the process, and I am in awe of you. I know God is smiling!!!! Please don’t be so hard on yourself.
With all my love,
Tia Peggy