Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Where is she????

So I spoke with Dr. Rose last night after surgery and he said, " We hit a homerun." Then I went to recovery and she wasn't there. The woman in recovery couldn't find her....finally she was in Picu 3rd floor. She was extubated and did pretty well through the night. She got a bath, sat in a chair, but the magic moment hasn't come yet, she still isn't hungry. On a side note, I left one of our bags at the hotel and accidentally left my scripts, well no effexor makes for a BIG headache, so I left to get the meds and had the WORST taxi ride of my life, I thought for sure I was going to lose it....I didn't. On the way back to the hospital I begged the driver to go slow, he did and all is well. So, Lina had major work done to her eye-cartilage from her ear put in the bottom lid, the upper lid shortened. Major work to the nose and lips. She is not nearly as swollen as previous and I think we will be out of here by Friday. I have been doing the Beth Moore Believing God study and today was about miracles of the New Testament. I guess many don't believe that God is still performing miracles, I know he is. Please continue to pray for Lina and I. Also, woohoo, Hope is here, sadly her daughter Alana had been here for a month. Please keep her and the family in your prayers.

2 comments:

Susan said...

ooooh so that's why your text said you were gonna puke.
I'm sorry, and I"m glad you didn't puke.

Glad to hear you are seeing God's miracles work for Lina. You are amazing. :)

xoxoxoo
Hugs to Lina from Leeza and Me
oh, Sean and Joe too then.

Tia Peggy said...

My first taxi cab ride in NY was enough to make me opt to walk in heels all day and take my chances with sore feet. UGH! Sorry it so awful for you.

I am so thankful that you have friendships that have formed through the course of your visits there. I hate the circumstances that surrounds the opportunity.. but by sharing with us, it allows more of us to pray for those in need.

You both are always in my prayers. Give Lina a big hug from me.

Love,
Tia Peggy