Wednesday, June 3, 2009

She is in surgery

We arrived in NY yesterday, pretty empty flight. We saw Dr. Larsen the pediatrician and then Lina had 2 mini-hamburgers, a BIG chocolate shake, and fries. We cuddled in bed and she told me she really didn't want to have surgery, then fell asleep. This morning she was in great spirits and didn't start to cry until Dr. Rose came in to say hello. I brought her into surgery and sang her to sleep. Dr. Rose will be trimming her lips, contouring her cheeks, lifting the eye, shaping the nose, and doing something to the left quad (donor site). We will be her for 3-4 days, then to the Fitzpatrick. Bill picked us up this morning and is headed to NJ for a case. I really appreciate that he is willing to pick us up and bring us to the hospital, it is so nice. He is so nice. Thank you to all my friends that are praying! Mom and Dad thanks for the support!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please give Lina a big hug&kiss from Hannah,Mary,John and me.. We miss you and Lina already! Rob

Lisa Snodgrass said...

Hi Laura and Lina!

We are thinking of you and are excited to hear how Lina is doing! I know this will turn out wonderful and you will be back before you know it.... are you here yet?! Love, Lisa and the Snodgrasses

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura and Lina, Just thinking about you both and thought I would check the blog to see what's going on. To the bravest little girl I know... I promise to keep praying for you and your mom (and Hannah, Mary, John, and your daddy.) Oh yea,(And Dr. Rose Too) Take care.. and keep your eyes on Jesus! Laura, Be strong.. be thankful.. and keep on praising Him!! Love you guys, Joanne