Saturday, June 13, 2009

There's no place like home

We are home! This is the first time we flew Northwest and Rob had nothing good to say about them, but so far, they have been the best!! I was joking around with one of the flight attendants and low and behold, he was the head guy--right before the plane took off he upgraded us to first class--what a blessing. Then I got home to lots of hugs and kisses and a clean house. Thank you Nancy, Elaine, and Diane--I love you! I can't begin to express my thankfulness and happiness to all my friends and family. I am humbled by the love you have all given so freely to us. To everyone in my Sunday school class-you are the best. Lina did great on Friday-she was crying, and sweating like crazy, but she handled having what seemed like a million stitches removed from her face, leg, and groin area. She is still swollen, however she is looking great. This was our best trip-not the easiest, it was actually more than I thought it would be, but the two of us continue to bond and look to each other for support. She is precious and has grown up so much! She even cracked a joke while on the phone with Hannah-Hannah asked what are you doing tomorrow and she responded with no hesitation, I'm taking a shower and then mom is going to count my stitches, sounds like fun, right? Hannah and I were cracking up. John has been extremely helpful while I was gone, and seemed to really miss me( I missed him too). Mary and Hannah continue to be supportive, compassionate, loving, and all-around incredible. The three of them understand that they are making a difference for Jesus, and they are so important in this journey. Rob continues to be the glue holding everything together. And he is so stinkin handsome, how did I get so lucky????? I am so happy to be home. I must say I am exhausted and emotionally spent-however I know I am blessed and thank The Lord each day.

5 comments:

Susan said...

what a wonderful post!! Lina is so brave because she has such a wonderful, strong, and courageous role model.
Your family is amazing...and your husband is HOT. I feel so bad we never connected during your trip.
Leeza sure misses you and me too.

XOXOXOXOXOXO
SO GLAD YOU ARE HOME! so proud of you, Lina, and your strong family, and so glad that smart flight attendant saw he had first class passengers and upgraded you appropriately. :)

Lisa S. said...

I agree with Susan! We are all so excited to see you again and are looking forward to seeing our Lina. You have done it! Now you can sit back and eat bonbons the rest of the summer!! hahaha Hope to see you soon, Lisa

Anonymous said...

How are you guys doing? I have been praying for Lina. Lina, I was hoping to meet you before you left for home. Someday our paths will cross. You have a wonderful mother, she is very sweet. Laura continue to be strong. God is good. Love you, Hope.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear that you are home. Your trip sounded tough, but you continue to lead with your strength. Lina sounds like a trouper - I would like to meet her one day. Give our love to everyone and hugs all around. We love you!
Karin, Ron, and Lauren

Anonymous said...

laura, Blessings to you and Lina. Praise God for His miracles and safe return home. was just in Florida myself unexpectedly...my dad had a triple by pass at Pepin Heart center in Tampa..very critical, spent 14 days in critical ICU by his bedside , sleeping at the hospital and thought of you and Lina alot!. he is still there but finally getting stronger and up walking. I returned home just last thursday and my brothers are there now. God is faithful to His promises..stay strong and get some rest girlfriend, our prayers are with you . anne and john in boston