Thursday, February 28, 2008

Coffee, I need coffee!!

Lina's saturation level dropped to 91 several times last night, as we sleep our body gets lazy. For most, we just keep breathing, but since she is so swollen she doesn't take deep enough breaths. Also, her blood pressure has been very high, and right now we don't really know why. We are going to give Tylenol with codeine and see if she will wake up! She has reached the peak of the swelling so as it goes down her vitals should stabilize. She is not herself. She has only asked to hold my hand a few times, and she hasn't really said anything for 2 days. On the way to the airport Monday morning she was a chatty Cathy and I asked her slow down, now I just want to hear her little voice say I love you!!!!! They say it is really cold outside, I don't want to leave until she wakes up, I don't want her to be alone. As I sit here taking inventory on life (not much else to do) so many things come to mind...I wish the road to becoming more like Jesus wasn't so long, but I guess it has to be so that we realize just how much we need him. I can't imagine how some of the people here get through these times. I know the Lord is with me, that is the only way I hold it together. Even when I doubt him, he never leaves, he never forgets, and he always loves. To my faithful friends, thank you, thank you, thank you. I love knowing that you are praying for Lina and I. To anyone reading---go hug your children, hold them tight and tell them you love them and you are proud of them. If they are grown, call them right now--tell them of story of when they were younger, and that you are proud of them, even if they messed up!!! I don't think we can tell a person, I love and appreciate you too much.

3 comments:

Irene said...

I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. I cannot wait for an updated picture of Lina. Please tell her Queen Irene sends her love.

Anonymous said...

Laura, Every time I read your blog, I can't tell you how much I would like to be there. Just to sit with you and bring you that cup of coffee. I pray Lina is doing better as of this writing.What kind of room do you have and where is it this time? Joanne

Susan said...

you are an amazingling strong woman..you are my idol.

Our thoughts and prayers are with you. I will go hug Sean in just a minute, after i read your latest post. :)

LOVE YOU!@