Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Surgery Day

WOW! The future is so bright for Lina. I met Bill Broderick yesterday. He is Lina's "angel", the man helping finacially. He is like a teddy bear, I look forward to knowing him better. We also were interviewed by the New York Daily News, and this morning a local news station came to the hospital.
Lina was scared today, but they let me go into the operating room with her. I sang to her as she fell asleep, she loves when I sing Amazing Grace. Dr. Rose has HUGE plans for Lina. Today's surgery is like putting the clay on---we won't see the finished product for awhile, but I know she will have a new outlook on life in about two years.
I have often asked why the Lord chose our family to adopt Lina, I'm starting to understand....He knows best and I feel honored to be a small part of this very visable miracle.

Please keep praying.

2 comments:

Irene said...

Thank you for sending me the information. Lina is a huge part of the Children's Burn Foundation Camp and we will all be praying and thinking about Lina. She is just such a wonderful child and watching her go from a burn victim to a burn survivor has been a pleasure for all of us at camp. Give me an address so we can send her cards. Love, Irene

debbie said...

Laura and Lina your both in my prayer constatly these past few days. I know God will protect,and provide for you both. I love you guys. Deb